Mother-son road trip: by the numbers

Sunday, November 17, 2013

2700: approximate wipes of the windshield wipers, at 15 wipes/minute for three hours of 
rainy driving.
388: minutes it took to complete our trip (6 hours and 28 minutes).
375: minutes my iphone predicted the trip would take.
346: miles driven from Victor, NY to Parkville, MD.
210: minutes Owen slept.
37: minutes Owen cried consecutively.  This may be the longest he has ever cried at one time in his entire life.  Sorry you missed it, Kyle.
20: maximum mph above the speed limit I drove...those darn 55 mph zones get me every time! 
15: minutes wasted being lost in Harrisburg.  For the size and stature of that city, its highway system is far too complicated!
13: minutes longer the trip took me than the iphone predicted...not bad for half in the rain, half in the dark, one driver, and a baby.
8: adult stores counted along the way.
3: deer carcasses spotted on the shoulder.
2: diapers changed.
1: amish buggy passed, driving down the shoulder in the opposite direction of general traffic.
Innumerable: my gratitude for my son and family, and the chance to spend the weekend with them.





  



No comments:

Post a Comment